Elevate Admission Criteria
- Essay: 250-500 pages, written in the computer lab with the Elevate staff on the first 2 days of the program (Sept 1-2). For anyone coming late, they will be required to submit the essay prior to admittance. Essay questions will be as follows:
- If admitted to ELEVATE, what would you hope to gain for yourself and give back to the community?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What college(s) are you interested in?
- What career / field interests you?
- Transcript: Obtained from school by 2nd week of program (Sept 9) and Megan needs to see this for baseline.
Admitting 30 students, but if/when there are more
Consolation Prize for students who do not get accepted, if our interest exceeds our openings: Free resources for ACT prep, invitations to free workshops, they can take practice test, and Megan offered 2hr free open tutoring session after school.
- 3-strike rule on unexcused absence (no-show / no-call) – you have 24 hrs after a missed day